On this page you will find links to posts discussing ideas for saving money on car repair and maintenance. I will recommend a set of tools that you want to have if you’re serious about working on your car yourself along with step-by-step DIY guides for addressing common repair and maintenance items such as brake services, oil changes, filter changes, spark plug replacements and many others. I will also share the general approach I use to troubleshooting and solving various issues that one may run into with any car.
This is a work in progress so be sure to check back soon!
- Why you should learn how to work on cars
- Recommended tools for a DIY auto mechanic
- Where to buy auto parts?
- Shopping for auto parts – the FI way
- MINI Cooper side marker bulb replacement DIY
- DIY – Changing the brake fluid
- Hacking a $45k Mercedes-Benz in the name of utility
- A PSA about windshield wipers